In our previous article is it wrong for a man to marry a woman with no financial income and your interesting comments has lead to writing this article – 5 reasons men wants a working wife. Marriage of course is a union of two individuals who work together for the success of their marriage , it is a union of two individuals who know it takes two to tangle . The success of marriage today does not depend on just you or your spouse but both of you. You both must always compromise and find a common ground only then can your marriage be successful .
The economic situation today it’s hitting hard on the family and as a result most couples struggle to sustain their family. Many years ago it was never disputed that it was solely the man’s responsibility to cater for the family while the woman stays back at home to take care of the family but with the financial burden today on the family this has changed and many men wants a financially independent wife. Let’s look at 5 reasons a man will easily opt for a working wife.
1. Economic Hardship – The economic hardship is hitting the family so hard and most families can not depend on only the income of the man to run the home, hence, to make the financially burden easy most men would prefer to marry or have a working lady as wife.
This will lessen the burden on the man as he will get financial support from his wife and this would make life easy for him and his wife.
2. Financial Independence – I would tell you a little story, this happened in my neighborhood while growing up. There was a couple they had just 1 kid both the couple was working , at a point the man told the woman to stop working so she can take good care of their child. She agreed but after a while the woman wanted to get back to work as she was not comfortable depending on the husband for everything, this caused a lot of trouble to the extent that the marriage almost collapsed. The wife listened to advises not to destroy her home and do the bidding of her husband . So she let go and continued being a house wife. Then the second and the third child came and before you know it, the man started complaining bitterly whenever she asked for upkeep, the burden became so much and eventually when the man lost his job , it was better imagined than said as there was serious financial crisis in the house and the marriage eventually collapsed. So men wants a wife they can fall back on if need be and not a woman who will depend on them for everything. It puts most men off.
3. Unforeseen occurrences – There is a saying that the only permanent thing in life is change. It can be either a positive or negative change and a successful person is not he who plans to fail but fail to plan. So In order to forestall any unforeseen circumstances which could even be death a man wants his wife to be working to earn income so that when he is not there , he would be rest assured that his family will not suffer.
4. To Earn Respect – In some family when a man brings home a girl he wants to marry , his family apart from being interested in the girl’s background, will want to know if she has a job, a source of income. God help the girl if the man is from a rich home and she has no job, she will automatically be tagged a gold digger. Most men wants a woman with a good job who will earn the respect of his family. His family will respect her more if they know she makes her own money, that she is financially independent, this will also make accepting her easier if there are no other issues.
5. Financial Progress – it is believed that when a couple who loves and understands each other plan their future together and they are both financially okay , the family will make notable financial progress quickly. Rather than been drawn back by a wife who depends on the man financially and reduces the lifespan of the man’s pocket thereby causing financial setback for him, the man will want a financially stable wife for the financial progress of the family .
Well, these reasons might be good enough for you as a man to want to marry a working wife but always remember that it is your responsibility to provide for the family and take good care of your wife and children.